Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 27:19 — 50.0MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Android | Email | | More
Just in case you are thinking of getting some books for Christmas (and who wouldn’t be?), we’re bringing you our fourth instalment of Cloak, Books, and Parchments (2Tim 4:13). There is no book like the Bible but we all learn from the ministry of others, including ministry that comes to us in written form. Mike & Matthew share brief reviews of eight books for your reading pleasure.
– Digital Liturgies: Rediscovering Christian Wisdom in an Online Age by Samuel James (Crossway)
– Of No Reputation: Living an Ordinary Life by Stephen Grant (John Ritchie)
– When People Are Big and God Is Small: Overcoming Peer Pressure, Codependency, and the Fear of Man, 2nd ed, by Edward Welch (P&R Publishing)
– Enjoy Your Prayer Life by Michael Reeves (10 Publishing)
– The Genesis of Gender: A Christian Theory by Abigail Favale (Ignatius); Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear (Soho Press)
– Conscience: What it Is, How to Train It, and Loving Those Who Differ by Andrew Naselli & J.D. Crowley (Crossway)
– That Little Voice in Your Head: Learning about your Conscience by Andy Naselli (CF4Kids)
– In Search of the Source: A First Encounter with God’s Word by Neil Anderson with Hyatt Moore (Wycliffe)
– Why I Am a Christian by John Stott (IVP Books)
Scriptures Referenced: 2Tim 4:13
Visit PracticologyPodcast.com for more episodes.
Follow the Practicology Podcast on Twitter and Facebook